The Silvaire was a two-seat light cabin monoplane featuring an all-metal semi-monocoque structure with a strengthened “safety-zone” cabin. The powerplant was one Continental C90-12F, four-cylinder, horizontally-opposed, air-cooled engine. It had a two-blade metal fixed-pitch propeller with a diameter of 5 feet, 11 inches (1.80 meters).
The Silvaire Aircraft Company manufactured the all-metal Luscombe Model 8 Silvaire light cabin monoplane, the original prototype of which was designed and built by Don Luscombe at the Mercer Airport, Trenton, New Jersey, in 1936.
At the end of World War II, the tooling, dies and other equipment to manufacture the Silvaire were moved by the Luscombe Airplane Corporation to Dallas, Texas, where production was resumed. In 1949, this company was purchased by the Temco Aircraft Corporation, which built about 50 Silvaires before suspending production to concentrate on military commitments. In January 1955, Silvaire Aircraft purchased the manufacturing rights for the Model 8 Silvaire from Temco and put it into production at Fort Collins. The first aircraft off the new line flew in September 1956, and the latest production models could be recognized by the square top fin and rudder introduced in 1958.