Model Name: PLV(Pontowski-Lichorsik-Vought) Airplane
The first "completely Vought" design appears to have been the PLV. It was a two-seater airplane, built by a couple of machine-shop operators. It used the staggered wings of the earlier Lillie biplane, and was powered by a 60- to 80-hp Sturtevant engine.
On August 8, 1914, the airplane made its first flight and the pilot reported great stability and ease of handling. The PLV was reported to have been operated as late as 1917 by the Moeller Barber School of Chicago.